Sunday, July 3, 2011

Royal Watching & Happy Birthday Canada

I have been so intrigued with the Dutch and Duchess of Cambridge, . . . I've been enjoying their "Royal Visit" to Canada from a distance and can hardly wait until they get to Calgary, AB. What a wonderful memory of Canada's 144th Birthday, What a Celebration! I think I could become a Royal Watcher.
This is one of my favourite photos of them since they've arrived in Canada.
(Geoff Robins / AFP - Getty Images) 
Have you seen the "Stampede Facinators" ~ Little, Tiny Cowboy Hats, they are so hilarious and so much fun (not for me. .  but still fun). A group of Canadian friends were so excited over the royal visit coinciding with the Calgary rodeo festival this weekend that they decided to give the British facinator a western twist. Ride 'em Cowgirl. . . Yahoo!

(Anne Fraleigh, Nancy Cherniwchan, Jennifer Waslen Doepker)


(Nancy Cherniwchan)

Happy 144th Birthday Canada. . . this one will go down in the History Books!

1 comment:

  1. that makes me think of this sermon http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/luke/jesus-christ-is-lord-king-and-savior

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each one. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them once I figure out how to use Blogger - LOL!