Thursday, October 3, 2013

"As You See It" Challenge #004

Here is my take on this week's challenge. This week I really tried to challenge myself using some techniques I was not familiar with, such as using TA Glimmer Mist on my paper and Acrylic Paint on my banner and burlap swatches. I also tried really hard to move away from the oh so familiar linear style of scrapping. What can I say I like all my ducks in a row. . . LOL
The sea shell fans were taken from a template I found at the "Spotted Canary", just to give a little more dimension and texture. I'm definitely a fan of burlap and want to try it again on a few more layouts.  I strung the burlap banner through eyelets on the page, again trying to add more interest to the page.

Ingredients: Papers Used - Basic Grey Max & Whiskers Collection; Studio Calico Home Front Collection & Pink Paislee Nantucket Collection; Alpha - Pink Paislee Daily Junque Wood Alpha; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist  Twilight; Martha Stewart Acrylic Paint - Aegean Blue; Gesso & Random Twine. Phrase was created on my computer; Random seashells; American Craft Eyelets and of course my thrifty sewing machine.


4 comments:

  1. The details and the texture blow me away Gail. Another stunning project! Thanks for continuing to play with us at AYSI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've blown me away once again, Gail! I love the colours and textures, but the clam shell paper fans are my favourites! Thanks for playing along with As You See It Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burlap is FOR SURE my favorite part of this! Amazing! Love how you've used it with paint!!! Thanks for playing along at the As You See It Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh....you had me at burlap!! Love this layout, and the banner is a fantastic touch! Hope you will play with us again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each one. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them once I figure out how to use Blogger - LOL!